Prices exclude VAT
Losmandy GM 8: The must have portable equatorial mount for astronomers on the move!
Get your telescope to a dark sky site easily. It can carry instrumentation up to 30lbs or 13.6Kgs if you prefer.
You can have the excellent digital drive system or the superb Gemini 'GOTO' computer control system that can acquire difficult targets with ease so making it ideal for your visual and imaging needs.
GM8 andGM8 GOTO - SPECIFICATION: R.A. / DEC. AXIS
- All machined aluminum and stainless steel, black anodized.
- All stainless steel hardware.
- One 2.100" diameter needle thrust bearing.
- One 2.000" diameter needle thrust bearing.
- Two 1.500" diameter needle bearings.
- 2.812" diameter, 7075 aluminum worm gear, 180 tooth.
- Dual supported, ball bearing housed stainless steel worm-heat treated and ground.
- Variable slip clutch, both axes. One knob design.
- 1.250" diameter aluminum shafts.
- Fully locking, unique tangent arm design altitude adjustment, 0-64 degrees, large knob for easy alignment.
- Laser engraved latitude scale in 2 degree increments.
- Single knob azimuth control, bi-directional +/- 8.5 degrees.
- 3.500" diameter laser engraved setting circles 6 minute R.A. / 2 degrees DEC. R.A. circle engraved for Northern and Southern Hemisphere.
- Porter slip ring design.
- 160 oz/in stepper motor, 1.0 arc sec. step.
- Spit Dovetail saddle-plate design. Accepts "D" series dovetail plates.
Dovetail plate drops in and locks allowing for interchaning of any tube assembly, reducing the need for DEC weights.
- Removable stainless steel weight shaft w/safety knob.
- 7 lb counterweight.
- 11 lb and 21 lb. extra counterweights available.
- Through the axis polar scope, works in Northern and Southern hemisphere.
Polar scope optional.
- Instrument weight capacity 30 lbs.
- Equatorial head weight 21 lbs.
- All machined aluminum, black anodized.
- Tripod height, adjustable from 27" - 43"
- Fold-up tripod design for easy transporting.
- Tripod weight 15 lbs.
- Diamond push button pattern.
- R.A. and DEC. reversing switches.
- Three guiding rates; 30%, 50% and 2x sidereal rate.
- Three setting rates; 4x, 8x, 16x sidereal rate and super fast 32x HST
(high speed transfer).
- Quartz tracking rates: sidereal, solar, lunar, king.
- Periodic Error Correction (PEC).
- Programmable DEC. Backlash Compensation (TVC).
- Control panel dimmer.
- Accepts auto-guider systems.
- Northern and Southern Hemisphere operation.
- 12 volt DC - 500ma power use.
- Tiltable control panel for easy access.
- Small hand control box for comfortable use.
- All heights are to top of tripod. Add 9" @ 34 degrees to center of Dec.-R.A. junction. Add 6" from Dec.-R.A. junction to top of saddle.
LW Tripod shown with optional clamps (see accessories)
GEMINI SERVO SYSTEM
SEE GEMINI PAGE FOR FULL
DETAILS click this link . . .