Prices exclude VAT
Orion Optics UK is committed to protecting your privacy. Orion Optics UK uses the information it collects about you to process orders and to provide a more personalised shopping experience. Orion Optics UK may also use it to tell you about changes in its services or about special offers that Orion Optics UK considers you will find valuable. Orion Optics UK does not sell, trade or rent your personal information to others.
Under the Data Protection Act 1998, Orion Optics UK follows strict security procedures in the processing, storage and disclosure of information which you have given. Waddington Photographic security procedures mean that it may occasionally request proof of identity before it is able to disclose sensitive information to you.
Copyright and Trade Marks
All designs, text, graphics, arrangements displayed on this CD and all software compilations, underlying source code, software and all other materials on this website are owned by or licensed to Orion Optics UK or their content and technology providers. ALL RIGHTS IN THE SAME ARE RESERVED. Permission is granted to electronically copy and to print in hard copy portions of this CD for the sole purpose of placing an order with Orion Optics UK or using this website as a shopping resource. Any other use of the materials on this website (including reproduction for purposes other than those noted above, modification, distribution or republication) without Orion Optics UK prior written consent is strictly prohibited.
To the fullest extent permitted at law, Orion Optics UK is providing this website and its contents on an "as is" basis and makes (and expressly disclaims all, except fraudulent) representations or warranties of any kind with respect to this website or its contents.Orion Optics UK does not represent or warrant that the information accessible via this website is accurate, complete or current.
Failure by Orion Optics UK to enforce any of these terms will not affect its rights to enforce any of these terms at any time in the future. If at any time any of these terms or part of a term are/is found to be invalid or unlawful by any court then such term or part term shall be deemed severed from these terms and the remaining terms shall be deemed valid and subsisting. These terms are subject to change at any time without prior notice to you Orion Optics UK advises you to print and keep safe a copy of these terms.
We reserve the right to refuse to supply any individual or company. Last updated 19 Dec 2006
Orion Optics UK is the trading name of Orion Optics UK Ltd. Registered in England )
Directors: B. Pemberton, G.A. Pemberton, J.J. Pemberton.
Shipping And Handling
Because of the great number of countries we supply equipment to it is difficult to tabulate a formal and strictly correct pricing for shipping costs. In all instances we endeavour to ship goods to you in the most efficient, safe and cost effective way possible. If you feel the shipping costs attributed to your order appears incorrect, please contact us and we will do all possible to consider the pricing for you.
Most stock items are despatched within 2 working days. For telescope or similar large orders, a confirmation from our accounts section will be sent to you advising of an expected despatch date. This is shown at the bottom of your confirmation.
If your item is not in stock, we will back order for you.
All prices include UK VAT at current rate which applies for all EU orders. For orders outside the EU VAT will be removed on receipt of your order.
Credit Card Security
When the order is placed at our website, credit card numbers are encrypted using 128 bit encryption. They are only decrypted after they reach our computer. They are not held in clear text on any web site.
We guarantee your satisfaction. All new products are guaranteed for a period of 12 months from purchase date.
Cookies are used on this shopping site to keep track of the
Orion Optics are completely dedicated to your total satisfaction. If you have any suggestions or comments please email us using the link on the store page.
Our Contact details: Orion Optics UK, The Glades, Festival Way, Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire, ST1 5SQ
Phone: +44 (0)1270 500089 Fax: +44 (0)1270 251213 Email: email@example.com
VAT Reg. No. 482 4512 47
Making A Purchase
Making A Purchase Please read these terms carefully as they are the terms under which the customer ("you") agrees to use this website and/or purchase the products ("the products") from Orion Optics UK. No other terms or representations shall form part of these terms unless agreed in writing between and you Orion Optics UK. These terms do not affect your statutory rights.
Ordering at Orion Optics UK is fast and secure. To place your order follow the steps indicated on-line.
When ordering on line, the full value of your order will be debited. If you wish us to take a reduced amount we require notification when you place your order.
The appearance of the products on this website is an invitation to you to make an offer for their purchase by placing an order withOrion Optics UK. Orion Optics UK has the right to refuse orders and no contract will subsist between you and Orion Optics UK unless and until Orion Optics UK accepts your order by e-mail. That acceptance will be deemed complete and effectively communicated to you at the time Orion Optics UK sends the e-mail to you (whether or not you receive that
The products are subject to availability. If Orion Optics UK does not supply the products to you for any reason,Orion Optics UK will not charge you for these products and will refund any money already paid for the products. However, Orion Optics UK will not be responsible for compensating you for any other losses which you may suffer if Orion Optics UK does not supply the products, unless this is a direct result of our negligence.
Despite the fact that any contract relating to orders placed through this website is concluded over the Internet, we each agree that it has been concluded in the United Kingdom in writing. Any such contract will be interpreted, construed and enforced in all respects in accordance with English law and we each irrevocably submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts. All carriage prices shown are for U.K mainland delivery only. Carriage charges for overseas, including UK off shore locations, will be calculated and added upon receipt of order, charges depend on weight, size of parcel and delivery location.
The ordered products will be dispatched by Orion Optics UK to you within 7 working days of the date you place your order although, because delay is sometimes outside of Orion Optics UK control, time of delivery shall not be of the essence. Orion Optics will do all that it can reasonably can to meet the date given for delivery. However, we cannot be held responsible for delays that are beyond our control. In this case, we will contact you and agree an alternative date.
As such Orion Optics UK shall not be liable for any losses, costs, damages, charges or expenses caused by any delay in the delivery of the products, unless this is a direct result of our negligence. Because many of our products are made to order, delays in shipping beyond an estimated date may occur. We will endeavor to advise you if this period is deemed to be excessive nad give you the opportunity to cancel your order and receive a full refund of all monies paid.
The prices for the products are as indicated on the website and these prices include applicable sales tax and duty. The cost of any order must be paid by you up-front by a credit or debit card acceptable to Orion Optics UK
Your Right to Cancel & Returns
Due to circumstances beyond our control, prices may have to be altered up or down. We will contact you in this event and advise you of any changes and ask you to confirm the order is acceptable to you. If for this, or any other reason a product is not acceptable, Orion Optics UK must be notified in writing within 14 working days, and the product may be returned for a full refund to your credit/debit card account. We require the product to be returned within 14 working days of the day it was received by you or, received by someone on your behalf. The returned goods must be be in new condition, with all accessories and instruction books as well as original packaging; in other words, exactly as supplied to you by Orion Optics UK. All cancellations, from either distance selling or verbal/written orders, must be made in writing. No cancellation will be accepted by a verbal communication only. This does not affect your statutory rights.Orion Optics UK will not be held liable for the cost of returning any item(s) nor for the loss in transit of any returned item(s). Orion Optics UK reserve the right to charge a 15% restocking fee or order cancellation fee for any goods returned outside of the 14 day working period or, any product which is ordered by a customer and paid for by Orion on the customers behalf to allow the goods to be receieved into Orion Optics for subsequent shipping/collection by the customer.
When a customer places an order and then, purely because of change of mind decides to cancel the order we of course accept the cancellation. However, if the customer then re-instates the order for the same or very similar products and then cancels yet again, purely through change of heart, we reserve the right to charge a cancellation fee of up to 10% of the order value placed of the last order to cover administration costs within the factory.
GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
Orion Optics accept orders and supply goods subject to the following conditions:-
1. All goods ordered will be subject to availability of the goods ordered.
1a. All our telescopes and optics are made to order and as such we do not carry stocks of any complete models, including optical sets. We endeavour to comply with estimated order completion times but, as each and every one of our 'scopes are hand finished to exacting standards, delays can and do occur. Every effort is made to adhere to approximate completion dates but, we put product quality above all else and as a result, we can go over completion dates as a consequence of having quality at the top of our list of priorities.
2. Particularly with regard to imported goods all quoted prices are based on prices Orion Optics have to pay overseas suppliers. Sale prices may increase if currency changes are extreme. This will result in either a price increase or price decrease if the currency change is favourable. We will notify any customer whose order is affected by any currency changes. If any customer wishes to cancel after a price change notification, no penealty will result. In most cases prices are firm for many months.
3. Orion Optics reserve the right to charge any additional costs due to inaccurate ordering of products or incorrect delivery addresses given by customers.
4. All goods are to be paid for prior to them being despatched or collected. Any goods paid for by unguaranteed personal cheque will be despatched / collected after 5 working days have elapsed.
5. If an item is ordered incorrectly by the customer, Orion Optics may accept it back for credit subject to the following conditions:- The item is a standard stock item and available from our current price list. Orion Optics is notified of the error within 5 calendar days of its receipt by the customer. The item to be credited must be undamaged and must be complete with original packing and any documentation or manuals which are unmarked. A credit note may be issued but a restocking charge of 15% of the original purchase price will be charged. Delivery charges will be refunded by Orion Optics if the contract is cancelled within the 14 working days period, outside this period, delivery charges will not be refunded and all return costs must be borne by the consumer. Any goods which arrive back damaged in transit will not be credited; it is the responsibility of the customer to insure the goods when returning to Orion Optics.
6. Any goods to be returned for faults which are to be repaired under warranty or any goods which arrived damaged must have previously been agreed by Orion Optics prior to the goods being despatched by the customer to Orion Optics. No returned goods will be accepted without prior agreement.
7. All Orion Optics products carry a one year guarantee against faulty materials or workmanship unless otherwise stated in any literature*. Any product if found or thought to be faulty, must be returned to us and received within the 12 month warranty period to be considered for repair or replacement at the cost of Orion Optics. *The exceptions are aluminised mirror surfaces which have been cleaned by the customer or aluminised surfaces which show obvious signs of abrasion.
8. Any defects or shortages must be reported as soon as possible having had reasonable time to examine the received goods.
9. Any goods ordered which are not a normal stock item may have to be paid for in full at time of ordering. Orion optics will advise customers of this requirement at time of order placement. Similarly, any item made as a special product to a customers requirement cannot be accepted back or cancelled for a refund, and, any deposit or payments towards these products are non returnable. Most special products can be modified within 2 weeks of customers order placement date.
10. Orion Optics adopt a policy to continually improve products, methods and materials, we reserve the right to change specifications from time to time, we will not make any significant variations without your agreement.
11. After a period of two calendar months have elapsed, from our advice of order completion, unless by prior arrangement, the order goods will revert back to the property of Orion Optics and the order will be considered cancelled. All deposits will then become non refundable.
Any telescopes or parts thereof left with us for refurbishment or repair etc, regardless of manufacturer, cannot be held indefinitely until paid for in total. As such, any goods on which we have carried out work and the customer has not collected the goods or contacted us after our completion advice to arrange a collection will be sold off after a period of 2 months after advice date of completion to offset our work carried out. The goods will be offered not at market value but purely at a value to offset our work and administration costs.
11a. After agreement of a payment scheme being completed over a number of months there will be a cool off period of 90 days from time of order. If for any reason a cancellation is received after this time scale no monies can be refunded. Any products or services part paid will be sold to recoup the costs involved.
12. All web site products sold by Orion Optics are guaranteed for one year from date of purchase against faulty materials or workmanship. Where customers specifically ask for modifications or alterations to any of these products, including the addition of their own part or parts, to any of our standard products prior to purchase, to meet their own requirements, we take no responsibility whatsoever for any problems encountered by the modified product. This does not affect your statutory rights. Similarly, any of our products, especially telescopes, which have had modifications, additions or been partially or wholly disassembled etc carried out to it/them by anyone other than Orion Optics or one of our dealers, are no longer covered by our 12 month warranty. We cannot then guarantee either the performance of the product or the suitability and possible damage which has or may be caused to our products.
13. All carriage prices shown are for U.K mainland delivery only. Carriage charges for overseas, including UK off shore locations, will be calculated and added upon receipt of order, charges depend on weight, size of parcel and delivery location.
14. Unfortunately we cannot accept the return of either optical sets, complete telescopes or optical tube assemblies for any reason, if the optics have been cleaned or removed at any stage by an agent not appointed by Orion Optics.
15. Due to a programme of continuous development, some aspects of telescopes may not be exactly as shown in web pages.
16. OPTICS FINISH Manufacturing precision optical surfaces, (in this category we include both mirrors and corrector lenses), involves many specialised procedures to achieve the high degree of optical precision, some of which occasionally leave surface blemishes on the optic (mirror and/or lens).
If there are a few sleeks or scratches on the optics’ surface they in no way effect the performance of the lens or mirror either visually or photographically and cannot be considered as an acceptable reason for any complaint. Small pits are occasionally visible due to processing in the polishing and figuring process, these again cannot be accepted as reason for complaint. We endeavour to have blemish free surfaces but cannot guarantee such. Accordingly, we have set our cosmetic surface finish at a high standard production tolerance as is practical. We apply an optics industry standard to our surfaces of 80/50 scratch dig which is a measure of an acceptable level of surface blemishes per optic is acceptable.
Sometimes, images used on this website may not be 100% accurate. As we have an ongoing policy of improvement, we constantly evolve and refine our designs. Somtimes we use pre-production images, sometimes we havn't updated an image showing a specific modification. In any case we do not aim to mislead. Please be aware that such modifications are normally always in the customer's interest.
Back to previous page